Originally Posted by kenoh2
I had low expectations of my son and I actually getting the two Rem 700 youth 243 combo rifles showing in stock at $89 at our local Walmart but we were able to snag them. I also picked up a Mossberg 835 camo 24" turkey gun for $199.

First we were told they didn't have them. I handed them a paper with the UPC and SKU and asked them to look in the back room. We were told that the key to the storage could not be located. After a long wait they were found but told us it would take a long time since there was a lot of stuff stacked in front of the locked storage. No problem, we can wait. After at least an hour, they were hauled out to the sporting goods counter.
The counter clerk punched in the serial number for the Mossberg and said "uh-oh, I can't sell you this because it's not in our inventory." I told him that would be a pretty big problem if they were to be checked. I suggested that he scan the barcode and what do you know, it was OK to sell.
The same guy kept scanning the rifles and showing them to his coworker, explaining with a sad face that these are over $400 at Bud's.
I had to redo my online 4473 after they screwed up their part. While finishing up my son's rifle purchase they scanned my shotgun which caused a mismatch and another 20 minutes of confusion. The finishing touch was running out of paper when printing their hard copies of the 4473.

I honestly couldn't tell if we ruined someone's scheme or just witnessed total incompetence. Either way, with 2+ hours of frustration, our mission was a success. Thanks Brickseek! (and 24hcf)

Holy crap! Kudos to you for sticking with it.

Mercy ceases to be a virtue when it enables further injustice. -Brent Weeks

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~