Johnny is the first one in his family, to ever go to college, and it's a big deal. His father sold off his extra tractor for his tuition, books, room and board, and a bit of spending money.
Johnny hit college life hard, and is getting into parties, girls, drinks, and shortly realized he had spent too much money. He was going to run out before the first semester was over, so he has to call his dad for more money.
Johnny is trying to figure out how to tell his dad he's short, when he is struck by an inspiration! Ole Blue! His dad's favorite dog! Dad sent ole Blue with johnny to remind him of home, and keep him company. Dad loved that dog.
"DAD, college is great and I'm learning a lot, but I got into a discussion with one of my professors, and he was right impressed with ole blue. Said he thought ole blue might be smart enough to learn to speak! But he would need to do some testing, and that would cost some money.
Dad agreed, that if any dog could do it, it would be ole blue, as he was the smartest dog around. Dad sold off his old traps, and sent the cash, and the parties resumed.
Johnny blew through the cash and called his dad again. "Dad, believe it or not, but ole blue is speaking a bit, but might even be bilingual. They need more money for testing. Dad was impressed, and swollen with pride, and sold off several guns, his extra tree stands, and all of his game cameras, and sent the money. The parties resumed, again.
Problem was, the semester was now over, and everyone had to leave for the break. Johnny had to go home. As he drove the long hours away, he was nearly home, when he pulled off the side of the road and with his shotgun, blew ole blue into the afterlife. Johnny mounted up and drove home.
Johnny was greeted by his dad, and he eagerly asked to see ole blue, his miracle dog!
Johnny said......
Dad, it was the damndest thing, but ole blue was sitting up at the morning table, reading the paper, and chatting in Russian of all things, when he got this gleam in his eyes, and he asked "Do you think your maw ever found out about your dad and that school teacher?"
Dad said "YOU SHOT THAT SONOFABITCH DIDN'T YA?!!"

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~