Originally Posted by Sprint11
Find a way to stop the antis? Never happen. Slow the shootings? Murder rates are actually down, except in area's completely controlled by the antis. I still believe in punitive effectiveness, that is, make the punishment so unappealing it does act as a deterrent. The current penal system is ineffective because of the antis. Why? The antis are the ones screaming for "something" to be done, but when something is actually done, the antis scream that the punishment is mean and should be softer. The culture of lawlessness in 1990s NY/Chicago/Detroit was dealt with by increasing prosecutions and actively policing the areas. After the reduction in crime, those same liberals are screaming that prisons are too full. Yes, the U.S. has the largest prison population.......and I believe we should build more.

This is so true.
I don't remember when, but California passed a 3 Strikes law quite a while back and not long afterwards the papers were full of stories about people stealing a 12 pack or something else at gunpoint and going to jail for life.

All of them whining how it was wrong to send some to prison for life because he stole some beer or 50 dollars from a cash register.