Originally Posted by Diesel
I hesitate to even bring this up, but I have been trying to think of a way to stop young, immature, irrational and emotional people from committing these horrible and disgusting events, while protecting our right to bear arms. It has to be effective or it would just limit rights for all responsible and lawful gun owners and do nothing to fix the problem.

In the vast majority of multiple victim shootings the perp was under 28 years old and used a semi-auto rifle.

This firearm has been made the focus of new opposition to the 2nd. It is certainly possible to see reinstatement to another ban on semi-auto rifles at some point in the future, especially if the left gains full power.

In an effort to put a complete ban out of reach of the anti's, and still reduce these shootings, I have a proposal. Hear me out.

Pass legislation that bans possession of only semi-auto rifles by anyone until they reach the age of 28. Exceptions for any military or law enforcement would be written in. A full on background check on mental health would be conducted on purchasers ages 28 and 29 and thereafter revert to standard checks as they are today. Also, a key caveat would make this law unassailable for 50 years from institution, thus ensuring it's lawful ownership by the vast majority into the future.

My thought is it would insure the firearm is protected and immature humans would still be able to own the firearm in their future.

Go ahead and poke holes in the thought. I have concerns on any gun legislation, but the reality is if the left gets power, anything could happen.

Your thoughts?

How does any of that stop criminals?

One shot, one kill........ It saves a lot of ammo!