Well OK. So it looks like you folks don't like the idea.

But just to beat a dead horse.
The idea was to not give up much while letting the little snowflakes grow up some without killing somebody. They didn't lose their rights, just delayed them. And semi-autos were locked in for another 50 years.

Being 66 years old and having a rifle in my hands since about age 7 or 8, I don't remember this happening back in the day.
AR's were not around in my experience and nobody thought of killing en mass. I didn't have to worry about them coming for my semi because I didn't have one. Hard to miss what you never had.

So America has changed and there is little chance it will be as I knew it. Lots of reasons for the times we have now that we point out here at the fire every day. I guess one might as well get ready for the days ahead

I side with having as much firepower as those who would try to take away the 2nd. But we will never have an equal fight. I know the reason to defend every bit of the turf, so no need to drive that point home to me.

It was my attempt to find a solution and nobody here likes it, so end of discussion.

I know full well the antis will never stop. The fight for freedom is an eternal struggle.

Carry on.