I know a guy...ahem,who once killed two bull elk with a single 150 grain Nosler Partition. Two lung shot bulls,two very short blood trails in the snow. Totally unintended,didn't even see the second bull.Which was tagged and eaten by hunting partner. All this was years ago and the statute has run. grin

But the 270 with a 150 Grain Nosler Partition is capable of any animal in North America,just ask Phil Shoemaker how it works on Brown Bears.

I'm not sure the 308 with a 150 grain Partition is as capable. One could step up to heavier bullets in the 308 but velocity begins to fall off as you do.

I have wanted a Pre 64 Featerweight since I read Bill Jordan of Border Patrol fame write about his. Bill's gun was originally chambered in 308,and Bill sent it back to Winchester and had them fit a 270 barrel and convert the rifle to 270. Bill's go to bullet was the 150 grain Partition which he used for everything.

Reading his exploits as well as O'Connor made me a 270 Partition fan.
But I will admit to deer hunting with a Sako Mannlicher in 308 because of John Wooters. grin