Originally Posted by Goosey
Originally Posted by kellory
They are bred as weapons, trained as weapons, and should be treated as weapons.

They haven't been "bred as weapons" since the 1800s, and such fighting traits are hard to maintain. Breeding is not evolution and the instincts don't go as deep. Bulldogs were also bred for baiting bulls as well as fighting...

"Over the centuries, dogs used for bull-baiting developed the stocky bodies and massive heads and jaws that typify the breed as well as a ferocious and savage temperament.

In England, the passage of the Cruelty to Animals Act 1835 caused a decline of bull-baiting and dog fighting, leading to a lack of interest in perpetuating the Old English Bulldog."

...but no one assumes modern bulldogs are vicious killers.

Wrong. They are being bred as weapons by just about every drug dealer that exists. Just as a spring gun is a weapon, a land mine is a weapon, a lympet mine is a weapon, they are all stored death, just awaiting triggering.
I've lost plenty of blood to pitbulls, and my wife has had to seek treatment for bites as well. I will never trust a pitbull until I feed it the second bullet.
Last fight was between a pit and a mastiff. Pit started it, just like every other time, mastiff ended it, by picking it up by it's skull and shaking it until it went limp. We thought it had been used for dog fighting, due to the scars on it's head. No, it was just too stupid to learn.
This was the first and only time we tried to help soldiers out in the "dogs on deployment" program. We will never do it again.

An unemployed Jester, is nobody's Fool.

the only real difference between a good tracker and a bad tracker, is observation. all the same data is present for both. The rest, is understanding what you're seeing.

~Molɔ̀ːn Labé Skýla~