NOT ROCKET SCIENCE

0. Here'bouts in this metroplex, dog attacks have gotten out of hand. We have had incidents where dog packs have attacked and killed & eaten vagrants.

1. My first contact with APBTs was with a couple pets my boss had some decades back. Obedient dogs, good disposition, human-oriented, not overly bright. The full grown male was 75lbs.

2. Second contact was with APBT bred to catch hogs. Again, males about 75lbs or so. Females smaller. Nothing approaching 100lbs. I doubt 100lb dogs could have kept up, us hunters and the pack were moving pretty quick after the Walker hounds.

3. Over time, I came across APBT and APBT crosses in the inner city. As time went on, they got larger & larger. It seems they were being crossed with molossus breeds to get an APBT-looking dog of larger proportions. And many of the straight APBT seemed off, too. I think too much in-breeding. Also more & more partial APBT mutts.

4. I still come across straight APBT in the country. They have not changed.

5. There is a definite difference in the owners of the two different sorts of APBT. Rural owners own the hog dogs, inner city ghetto trash the APBT mutants.

6. Any dog can be dangerous, what with being a predator with teeth. The larger the dog, the larger the potential danger. And purposeful breeding matters, too. Yes, particular dog breeds have particular dispositions.
Our late, lamented 45lb GSP female tore up an illegal alien who was menacing our toddler daughter. The mojado had to work at it, but finally managed to get her protective instincts and the results were a bloody, bloody mess. Were our GSP an APBT, the mojado likely would have died if we had not trained it to end an attack.

7. So, yeah,it takes both the owners and the dogs. Ghetto trash with vicious Pekinese will cause less tragedy than ghetto trash with vicious APBT.

8. Very much like firearms. A responsible owner with a rifle chambered in .50BMG is a threat to no one. Not too many long distance shooters of .50BMG have been convicted of murder whilst using their .50BMG rifles.

9. On the other hand, ghetto trash murder each other all the time with commonly available firearms much less powerful than .50BMG. Matter of fact, one particular slice of ghetto trash (6% of the population) is responsible for 50% of murders in the USA.

10. The analogy is not perfect, as firearms are inanimate, while dogs are animate, with particular breed dispositions.

11. One thing that IS analogous is that the number and rate of incidences of both murder and APBT attacks track one another over both time and space: Disproportionately in ghettos with the implement (gun/APBT) owned by ghetto trash.

12. And dangfool hipster SJW goofballs (as with so many other issues) excuse the ghetto trash, then spend their time and everyone else's money cleaning up ghetto trash messes. To include adopting stray APBT and APBT crosses. The SJW fool gets to virtue signal their belief that every race is the same and that every dog breed is the same by adopting one of these mis-bred monsters and "raising it up right." And many times the APBT mauls its SJW savior or the ghetto trash rapes/murders the gentrify-er.

13. One can ignore reality, but one can not ignore the consequences of ignoring reality.

14. In the end, we have dogs or firearms, which (if misused or not controlled) can cause serious damage and death. And a sub-population that disproportionately misuses both, to the detriment of everyone.

15. This is a problem that calls for addressing the root cause. Go after the APBT, the ghetto trash switch to some molossus breed. Just like ghetto trash once mis-bred doberman and German Shepherd dogs. Stupid games of whack-a-mole/breed.

16. So which truly is the root cause?.

17. In the end, The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return.

http://www.kiplingsociety.co.uk/poems_copybook.htm
The Gods of the Copybook Headings

AS I PASS through my incarnations in every age and race,
I make my proper prostrations to the Gods of the Market Place.
Peering through reverent fingers I watch them flourish and fall,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings, I notice, outlast them all.

We were living in trees when they met us. They showed us each in turn
That Water would certainly wet us, as Fire would certainly burn:
But we found them lacking in Uplift, Vision and Breadth of Mind,
So we left them to teach the Gorillas while we followed the March of Mankind.

We moved as the Spirit listed. They never altered their pace,
Being neither cloud nor wind-borne like the Gods of the Market Place,
But they always caught up with our progress, and presently word would come
That a tribe had been wiped off its icefield, or the lights had gone out in Rome.

With the Hopes that our World is built on they were utterly out of touch,
They denied that the Moon was Stilton; they denied she was even Dutch;
They denied that Wishes were Horses; they denied that a Pig had Wings;
So we worshipped the Gods of the Market Who promised these beautiful things.

When the Cambrian measures were forming, They promised perpetual peace.
They swore, if we gave them our weapons, that the wars of the tribes would cease.
But when we disarmed They sold us and delivered us bound to our foe,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "Stick to the Devil you know."

On the first Feminian Sandstones we were promised the Fuller Life
(Which started by loving our neighbour and ended by loving his wife)
Till our women had no more children and the men lost reason and faith,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "The Wages of Sin is Death."

In the Carboniferous Epoch we were promised abundance for all,
By robbing selected Peter to pay for collective Paul;
But, though we had plenty of money, there was nothing our money could buy,
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings said: "If you don't work you die."

Then the Gods of the Market tumbled, and their smooth-tongued wizards withdrew
And the hearts of the meanest were humbled and began to believe it was true
That All is not Gold that Glitters, and Two and Two make Four
And the Gods of the Copybook Headings limped up to explain it once more.

As it will be in the future, it was at the birth of Man
There are only four things certain since Social Progress began.
That the Dog returns to his Vomit and the Sow returns to her Mire,
And the burnt Fool's bandaged finger goes wabbling back to the Fire;

And that after this is accomplished, and the brave new world begins
When all men are paid for existing and no man must pay for his sins,
As surely as Water will wet us, as surely as Fire will burn,
The Gods of the Copybook Headings with terror and slaughter return!

Regards,

deadlift_dude
“The very first essential for success is a perpetually constant and regular employment of violence.”
----Fred Rogers