Originally Posted by jpb
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I don’t like the breed and have no use for one as a pet but with that said I do believe that a responsible owner is the key to owning that breed. Responsibility is actually the key to owning any breed of dog but more so when the dog is bred to kill.

I think TRH understands the responsibility involved with owning that breed and is likely the exact type of person that’s fit to own pit bulls. Comparing TRH to some ghetto homie in Detroit is inaccurate and disingenuous.

I used to think like you and that the owner was the most important for a pitt bull.

However, I've come to mistrust pitt bulls when faced with a lot of different evidence.

For example, Roger (stxhunter) had a pit bull for 5 years (7 years?) who was never mistreated, and Roger is for sure a fellow to establish dominance over a dog. Roger posted pictures of Petey frolicing on the beach, wouldn't hurt a soul.

Well, one day Petey the pitt bull turned on him. Serious bites. Roger's wife managed to get Petey off death row and get a second chance, but a while later Petey attacked Roger again. Lots more serious bites, and Roger posted lots of pictures here if you want to see them.

Petey didn't get a third chance to maul a human because Roger did what any responsible owner would.

If Big Bad Roger couldn't do it, I'm skeptical about anybody being able to really control a pitt bull in the long term.

Just my two kronor,

John

Really sums up my experience with the breed and all the kids who survived sttacks with surgery and scars. They should be exterminated but if not owners charged with their crimes. In fact most states absolve the owners which is sickening