Originally Posted by las
Originally Posted by chlinstructor
Originally Posted by 12344mag
Originally Posted by AcesNeights
I don’t like the breed and have no use for one as a pet but with that said I do believe that a responsible owner is the key to owning that breed. Responsibility is actually the key to owning any breed of dog but more so when the dog is bred to kill.

I think TRH understands the responsibility involved with owning that breed and is likely the exact type of person that’s fit to own pit bulls. Comparing TRH to some ghetto homie in Detroit is inaccurate and disingenuous.

You are correct, well said.

I agree to a certain extent. But look at Roger’s Pit Bull.
It turned on him twice for no apparent reason.

And for that- an individual dog's action - you damn the entire breed...

I met a mean Lab once...

Over at Ironbenders' my 5 month old monster mini Dachsund put the run on his pit-mix at initial meeting. (Dachs have no sense of size or decorum... even if Mike's dog does) An hour later that nasty pit was on his side on the floor, getting Frenched by the little bastard.

Does not mean all pits/pit mixes are like that, but I'll take them as individuals.

and yeah- you better not mess with Mike's wife or car if the dog is there.

Mike is pretty much on his own, it sounded like.

Yep. Pits are a lot like Muzzies. You can't condemn the breed for the actions of a select few. Each time I read of dog chewing the face off of a baby I am never surprised to learn it was a pit. Each time I hear of a bomb blowing up a bunch of innocent people, I am never surprise to learn it's a Muzzy. But we cannot condemn the breed.