Originally Posted by MuskegMan

Someone care to give me the diameter of the CCI 209A vs the Fed 209A? Blowby has been an issue with the CVA, which I think has mostly been a headspace issue (known to CVA) rather that a tight fit of the primer. But if the CCI 209A fits tighter, I'd be inclined to switch.

These wont be exact but its pretty close. Lot to lot variations are somewhat large for 209 primers. If you can find them i would suggest the Nobel primers. They are called NSI 209/686 or 209/688 but the 688s can be a pain to find. The Nobels fit the CVA plugs the best and work fine. They are as long as the Win209s but larger OD. They will NOT fit some USA made breach plugs like Knights. Mag primers that belch fouling into your breach are worse than a standard primer that seals well. 90% of the time i use a standard Win209 in my plugs without a single hickup. Just keep your flash channel clean of carbon.
[Linked Image]
[Linked Image]

Do this with a 1/8" bit around every 15 shots. Better your primer seals the less carbon will build up so you might even be able to go longer. Mag primers leave more carbon.
[Linked Image]