Truth is i did NOT stick with BH209 and Try to make it work, When it FAILED to ignite my TRIED AND TRUED Target Loads OVER N OVER, i was DONE with BH209 Right there.

My first outing, I had pre weighed BH209 charges (I weigh all of my powder to a 1/10 Grain) My bullets just barely touched the Rifling on the way Down, My Ramrod alone was enough weight to push them down, I was using Oversize .50 Cal 1/8” Wool Felt in my .452 Bore, I pulled the Trigger, The Cap went off, But NO Boom?? I checked the Bullet with my Ramrod to make sure it hadn’t moved (a 209 Shotgun primer ALONE can easily Push a Bullet ahead) I grabbed another REGULAR Win 209 Primer and Tried again, NOTHING?? I tried this several times, FINALLY 1 of these attempts Spit My bullet out in the Rd in front of me??? I sat at my Bench thinking to myself, Did i just see this happen? LOL! It was FRUSTRATING as hell, But at the same time it was kinda funny (if that makes sense?) I could NOT believe what i had just witnessed?? A 209 Shotgun Primer Going OFF Through a Powder Charge and Pushing my Bullet out of my Barrel. For crying out loud I just watched my Bullet go about 10-15 Yards tumbling down the Rd in front of me 😂🤣😂 I pointed my Barrel straight at the Ground and popped 2 or 3 more Primers Through it in hopes of Clearing the Wool Wad, it did.

The Reason i say Compression was my problem, is i had Brought along .060 Vegetable Fibre Wads to Try as well, They Create a MUCH Tighter seal, They go down the Bore with Fair Resistance. I loaded the Rifle back up, BUT this time i used a TIGHT fitting Vege Fibre Wad on the Powder. I Pulled the Trigger and BOOM! That shot went off IMMEDIATELY. I was DARN Lucky i had brought the Tight fitting Vege Fibre Wads along this Trip, They saved the Day, Allowing me to Fire my New Rifle. But even with the Vege Fibre Wads they were Hit & Miss, With several Fail to Fires.

That was the END of me and BH209 Powder.

“Absolutely nothing is good enough if it can be made better. And better is never good enough if it can be made best." Author Unknown