If i were to go back and Try BH209 again today with new Knowledge and understanding of it, I could make it work, BUT that would require me to Change my ENTIRE Loading procedure by using TIGHT Fitting Bullets, or Sabots. I am simply NOT willing to do that, My Stuff is TRIED AND TRUED PROVEN and I’m not about to Change it in order to make BH209 Work for me.

Simply Put, BH209 Does NOT work for my Specific Application. My feelings aren’t hurt in the least, I don’t feel that i am missing anything. My Swiss Real Blackpowder Works STELLAR for me, It goes off IMMEDIATELY regardless of Bullet Fit, Wad type, etc.

This explains my Problem, as I’ve said before It was my Own Fault that BH209 didn’t work for me, Western Powders tells you what you need to do, or at least what they Recommend that you do. Scroll down and Open No. 5

https://www.blackhorn209.com/specs/ignition-guidelines/

A muzzleloader is different than a cartridge gun, but many of the principles relative to the propellant are the same. The bullet is seated in the cartridge to create the pressure necessary to propel the bullet. A bullet in a muzzleloader needs to be compressed against the powder. The base of the bullet, or sabot needs to expand to hold the building pressure which propels the bullet. Imagine you placed a bullet 1 inch ahead of the case in a cartridge gun. The bullet most likely would not exit the barrel. This same principle works in a muzzleloader. Loose fitting bullets, like the typical Powerbelts, may be convenient to load, but lack sufficient compression to assure consistent ignition or accuracy.

Because there are no standards in muzzleloading barrels, the diameters vary between all manufacturers and at times within the same manufacturer. A Powerbelt may fit nicely in one and slide to the bottom of another. Just the simple act of carrying your gun in the field may allow the bullet to slide forward and when compression of the powder is lost the result is a misfire or poor accuracy.

We recommend a quality tight fitting sabot for the most consistent accuracy and ignition.

Last edited by Idaholewis; 10/08/19.

“Absolutely nothing is good enough if it can be made better. And better is never good enough if it can be made best." Author Unknown