Originally Posted by JBhunter45
I had similar partial ignition on a cold range session and I'm done with it also.
Granted my original DISC is not the ideal setup, it had worked fine in warm temps.
December 25 degrees checking zero before season, giving my uncle some loading instruction, 2" fresh snow.
I was able to follow the tracks of the skipping sabot and did find one bullet of the 5 or so misfires.
I have a feeling it was due to the temp and sabot fit of the Hornady's, maybe CCI standard 209 primers also.

Originally Posted by JBhunter45
I could actually hear it fizzling in the gun, loose grains all over the snow in front of the bench, sabot around 30-40 feet out.

Our muzzle loader season is only two weeks long at the end of December, I work weekdays, so I might hunt 4 days at most.
I did the research, not worth the cash to convert to primer only bolt and head spaced breach, and decided to try 777 loose.
Now my hunting area is in a CWD zone, and DNR lets us use any firearm season legal guns.

Well lets see
Original DISC
Standard CCI primer
SST with the easy loading red sabot?

Gee what else could you do to make it fail?...Not much. The orange DISC leak like mad. The red SST sabot is very small.

Correct breach plug is about $30 with 1 vent liner. I have several and never had a problem. If you know how to clean your DISC bolt its simple to swap the bolt housing. Takes 2 minutes. I know, ive done it. Its what i shoot when im smoking but if you like a filthy breach then enjoy that ancient orange DISC. I would rather spend less time cleaning regardless of powder. I would rather not have to buy stupid little plastic primer holders. A couple boxes of those pieces of junk are almost as much as the new plug.

Bare primer only bolt?...Wrong again. You can use the Extreme bolt or bolt housing. Then you can use red DISCs or a bare primer plug. Same bolt assembly or bolt housing works for both if you get the $30 Lehigh conversion. All you need is the Lehigh conversion and the Extreme/Elite bolt housing. Your firing pin assembly will screw right into it.