Originally Posted by JBhunter45
I could actually hear it fizzling in the gun, loose grains all over the snow in front of the bench, sabot around 30-40 feet out.

Now there’s a REAL Confidence Booster Huh? Especially if you are getting ready for a Hunt, At least it was from a Bench and Not at Game. Just like When i had the 2 Bullets Pop out of my Barrel and Roll down the Rd in front of me, I was at my Shooting Bench, i actually laughed to myself 🤣 then thought WTF Just happened?? I couldn’t BELIEVE that a 209 Shotgun Primer could Go off Through a Charge of BH209 and Not set it off?? Or partially ignite, Start/Stop. BH209 is DEFINITELY NOT For me!! You Guy’s and Gals that use, and Love the Stuff can Have my Part of it 👍

I made a Prediction on another Forum awhile Back. WATCH And See There will be MORE N MORE of these BH209 Hangfire, Start n Stop Fire, Fail to Fire Threads Start Popping up in the Very NEAR future, as More n more Economical/Affordable BH209 Compatible Guns become available, The VAST Majority of new folks getting in the Sport of Muzzleloading, Along with Seasoned Folks seem to want the “Next best thing” A powder that is Less Corrosive, easier to Clean, Don’t have to Swab, Etc. Etc. Etc. Now I agree It’s Cool when these new things work, But it sure sucks when they Don’t!

I chose to Stick with Something that has Worked FOREVER in these Guns, Real Blackpowder, I can count on it Going off, In Fact i would trust my Life on it Going off, If i were to go on a Dangerous Game Hunt in Africa, or the BIG Bears of Alaska with a Muzzleloader, Swiss Real Blackpowder is what would be in my Rifle 👍

Last edited by Idaholewis; 10/09/19.

“Absolutely nothing is good enough if it can be made better. And better is never good enough if it can be made best." Author Unknown