Originally Posted by Birdwatcher
Decisions, decisions, won’t happen till at least next summer anyhow.

The appeal of the four-banger in the Tacoma is That appears to be the lineal descendent of the legendary R22 motor that built the reputation of Toyota trucks in the first place. Also I don’t need a truck with alla the gee-whiz I’m a bad ass factory decals that come with the bigger motor, especially in 4x4. Far more likely to get f cked with when left in the driveway where I live.

As far as hard ride and discomfort go, I’m sorta oblivious to all of that, never have test-drove a vehicle before I bought it. Doesn’t matter.

JMHO

Really appreciate all the input here

Just as a FYI -- Auto insurance company's stats generally rate thievery/vandalism of vehicles based on type, models, year and brands in given regions. So, if insurance costs might be a concern, you may want to look into that before sealing a deal on a particular vehicle.

I had a little base model, standard cab, 4 cyl R22 Toyota 2 wheel drive back in the early '90s and my insurance company raised the price of coverage mid 2nd year I owned it. I had had no traffic violations or accident claims in decades so I called asking why the increase.

I was told, based on the region I was in (which covered hundreds miles and stretched into parts of other states), their stats showed a significant increase of Toyota trucks within certain year models being stolen and/or vandalized for resale of the parts and that the premium increase covered all owners of Toyota trucks of specific year and equipment models in my region.