I drive a lot of miles. I bought a new 2019 outback in February. It'll have 36000 on the clock when I get home from work tomorrow. I never get in the thing but I'm impressed with what it does. And I haven't done a lot of off road with it, but it does have around 1500 miles on Forest Service FR roads. Likely 250 miles on sketchy 2 tracks and roadless areas.

For the guy who likes to drive a ways to see pretty country and then drive the back roads once there, I can't see a better option than the Outback.

Tks.

My impetus for buying this vehicle in 2020 is that I want to have it paid off well before retirement. I'm 62 now, hoping to be able to work until age 70.

While working I only put 10-14,000 per year in a vehicle.

After retirement I envision travelling and camping extensively pulling either a 10' to 12' cargo trailer and at different times a small sailboat (~1,500lbs boat and trailer ).

Hence my interest in this class of vehicles.

"...if the gentlemen of Virginia shall send us a dozen of their sons, we would take great care in their education, instruct them in all we know, and make men of them." Canasatego 1744