The 375H&H is a lot more gun then you need for elk, but so what?
It works SUPER well for them.

I have used one for many many years mostly because a lot of the places I hunt elk are full of grizzlies too. So far I have never had a problem with a grizzly, but so far I have never been in a bad car wreck either. I still wear a seat belt, and I still often carry my 375H&H, because if I ever have a need for such power on an elk hunt I like to have it ready.
Anyway, I have never used the Accubond. I have used 235 Speer, 270 grain Hornady's in both round nose and spitzer, 270 grain Winchester Power Points, 300 grain Nosler Partitions and Round Nose Hornadys, 300 grain Sierra and also a few 300 grain Hornady solids.
Of the lot, the 3 that were "the worst" were still VERY effective, being the spire point 270 grain Hornady the 300 grain Sierra and the 235 grain Speers. That's the thing I love about the 375. In it's worst performing cases it's still very good and in the best ones it's outstanding.
So I am going to say you are probably over thinking this. It's a 375. It's going to be fine

Scope?
I have a 1X to 4X Leupold on mine. It's been there since I got the rifle when I was a very young man. I was 21 then. I am 64 now. That rifle has been shot enough to need a 2nd barrel. I shot the throat out of the 1st one. The low power Leupold is the only scope it's ever had. I killed a moose with it at over 800 yards, and have killed several deer with it over 650 and I even used to practice with the rifle shooting rock-chucks and many were killed over 500 with some killed over 600. With 270 grain bullets the trajectory is about the same as a 30-08 with a 180 grain load and with the 300 grain loads it's about like a 308 (7.62 NATO Lake City Match load.)
So yes a 4X scope is all the scope you'd ever need on a 375 even for jack-rabbit coyotes and rock chucks. Elk are large and not hard to hit for anyone who has some degree of marksmanship abilities. Use the scope you hunt big game with for all you small game too. that's how you become a "wizard" with your 375. Use it..... a LOT and get really good with it. In the hands of a skilled marksman the 375 is like magic in the game fields.

Last edited by szihn; 11/02/19.