memtb,

I have quite few of the Hornady 270 grain, both SP and RN. I'm pretty well stocked with their 300 grain RN as well. Also have a bunch of Speer 235 grain and found a great deal on a lot of Barnes 350 grain RN. I also bought a bunch of 260 and 300 grain Accubond seconds to try. This is my second 375 H&H. My first was a Montana 99 they built for me back when they did the charter offer.

I've known two gentleman who used nothing but a 375 H&H for big game. One shoots nothing but the Sierra 300 grain and has killed 14 moose with that bullet. Prior to moving to Alaska many years ago he hunted mule deer and elk with the same bullet. The other fellow, long since passed, shot the Speer 235 grain bullet over four decades for everything the northwest had to offer; antelope, deer, elk, moose and black bear as well as a lot of jackrabbits and coyotes. I think both those bullets are somewhat overlooked and perhaps under utilized. I know the gentleman who used the 235 Speers thought they were a great bullet. We discussed it more than once over morning coffee where a local bunch of gun nuts used to meet daily. He thought it worked wonderfully on elk.

Chronographs, bore scopes and pattern boards have broke a lot of hearts.