Originally Posted by atse
I guided an elk Hunter from Australia in the Frank Church wilderness one time. He was shooting a 375H andH.. He missed a 5 point bull, and a nice mule deer from solid rests. He was so scared of the recoil, that he had a terrible flinch and couldn't hit anything. I shot his rifle to verify that it was shooting ok. It was, but even at that,I wasn't crazy about the recoil either, as that was the first one that I had shot. He later shot a small bull with my 243 I had in camp. I had a lot of hunters over the years that had magnum rifles and couldn't shoot them very well because of th e recoil flinch they developed. Most of the hunters that shot decent, and there weren't very many of them, shot something that didn't kick as bad. Something in the 270, or 30 06 range. I always liked it when a hunter showed up with something like that. Chances were, they would shoot better.

I have found the best way to make the 375 seem tame and manageable is to shoot 470 NE, 458 Lott, 450 Dakota.

A thousand rounds of the big guys and just like that, the 375 feels like an '06 used to.

But to your point, most guys won't do the work needed.

USMC 0351

We know the price of everything and the value of nothing.