I use the Barnes 270 grain TSX in my 375 Rugers for moose.
I would think the 260 Accubond would also work well. Though being a monolithic bullet user, I would try and have intentions of trying the Barnes 270 grain LRX.
I have 375 H&H and Ruger versions. I have used / use scopes in the 1.1-4x24, 1-6x24, 1.5-6x42, and 1.5-8x42. All of these have ample field of view for near in-my-face type encounters and enough magnification for my distances. I like the 42mm objectives for very low light. My distances are usually 200 yards maximum.
I prefer the straight tubed variables on my M70 375 H&H's. This allows me more scope adjustment for my eye relief with the rings and bases that I use. My son has a 1.5-6x42's on his 375 H&H.
Your sight in, trajectory / hold-over, and Wind Drift will be determined by your bullet ballistic coefficient and velocity.

Originally Posted by RMerta
I have a Remington 798 in 375 H&H I’m thinking of setting up for elk. I’m thinking a 260 grain Accubond. Straight 4 or 6 power scope.
Thoughts on sighting in. If I sight in at 2” high at 100 yds, dead on at 200. What would be my hold for a 300 yard shot?
Only other question would you use a straight power scope or a low power variable?
Thanks