Originally Posted by ar15a292f
So civilians were targeted for bombing by the Germans before May of 1940. “The invasion of Poland in that context was an unjust war.” In any context it was unjust. Recovery of what German areas. East Prussia was part of Germany. If you are referring to Gdańsk )the Danzig corridor) it was as much part of Poland as Warsaw, part of the creation of Poland after World War 1, just like Czechoslovakia or the break up of the AustroHungarian Empire. I am familiar with Pat Buchanan’s opinion regarding the start of World War 2 and I do not agree with him and I think that he is very wrong. Hitler’s motives for war were not to recapture lost German territory but to provide “living space in the East.” It was about conquest, subjugation and extermination. Does Pat Buchanan think that if the west had not supported Poland it wouldn’t have fallen under 50 years of communist oppression? Would extermination under German occupation been preferable?

To a large extent I agree with your post.
Except that the separation if Danzig after WW1 was not just.
If Hitler had simply focused on that it may have been right but the truth is that it was an excuse for a war of aggression and conquest and murder.

OK...

I give ground.

Churchill was great and the firebombing of old men, women and children in Dresden was swell.
And when Churchill praised Stalin to the skies he was just probably drunk that day.
And when they threw Poland under the bus at the end of the war... well.. what's a fellow to do?
One man one vote! Mugabe and the retreat of WASP influence all over the globe... great!

Done in Convention by the Unanimous Consent of the States present the Seventeenth Day of September in the Year of our Lord one thousand seven hundred and Eighty seven.