Thanks guys...when I told one couple ( again, yesterday) that I was not in Nam, but Germany, they said, "Oh at least no one was shooting at you", I said "There were plenty of knives and boot heels" where I was"! "Racial trouble" I replied....blank stare. smile

I don't believe in anything that even has a "wiff" of Stolen Valor. Awhile back, I saw a man in Cracker Barrel, well worn "Vietnam Vet" cap on, along with ribbons of Nam. I went to say thank you and he said, "Oh I never left the states, I was in Ft. riley, I was "Vietnam Era". Even though it was none of my business "what some stranger did", I didn't like it! I didn't say anything to him about my service. I told my wife that was wrong. He didn't "earn" that right. I told the local American Legion that too when they sent me material with "Vietnam Vet". I called and corrected it. Said I was proud to be Vietnam Era, if they wanted to print me something, but to get it straight. I attended far too many Military funerals as a teenager to treat it lightly.

Last edited by Jim_Knight; 11/12/19.