Originally Posted by Bugger
I didn't have to join. I was in a job that could have kept me out and I was much older than everyone else in my platoon. I went in 1969. I was injured and spent six months in Bal Boa Naval Hospital and six months in Camp Pendleton Naval Hospital. I've spent time in VA hospitals after I got out.

After being in Bal Boa for awhile a friend from my platoon was admitted. He told me that half the platoon (40 teen agers) was dead already (they hadn't been in country all that long). I never heard how many made it back to the states. I need to go to the wall.

In my high school class more people killed themselves after they got back then were killed in Vietnam. My brother-in-law also killed himself after he got back.

We couldn't get jobs because we were veterans. The signs on the HR doors stated, "NO VETERANS!" The police harassed veterans because they knew we were all dope dealers. The story goes on and it wasn't good.

[bleep] LBJ.

Man I’m sorry to hear that. Thanks for all you’ve done and God bless those gone by