Originally Posted by minton
Saw your post...was their in 73-74...knew some of the Marines that were evacuated in "Operation Frequent Wind." Knew most members of PSU for Ambassador

Graham Martin. Served at AMB. residence then later was awaiting orders for Da Nang Consulate. Couple weeks later, I and some more Marines were sent to MH # 2.

Close to end of my tour, put in request for 6 month extension but State Dept. had decided to reduce the ranks there. If I would have gotten it, would have been there

during the siege/fall. Thanks for getting all the Marines and Embassy personnel out. It's a shame the S.Dept. didn't get everyone out that was promised...especially

in Da Nang.

By the way, haven't read all the posts but the last, mostly Marines on the Vietnam Wall, were killed during the SS Mayaguez incident...aprox. 40 Marines.

Met a GySgt. in 2010 that was there and his SS 56/7 was shot down. It happened about 2 weeks after Operation Frequent Wind.

I have a high school class mate who was involved in that incident. He lost several good friends in that operation. To the best of my knowledge their bodies were never returned. My friend stayed for 20 years in the Corp and retired out as a GySgt.
kwg

For liberals and anarchists, power and control is opium, selling envy is the fastest and easiest way to get it. TRR. American conservative. Never trust a white liberal. Malcom X Current NRA member.