No matter how close you fillet a fish, there is flesh left on.. On well filleted Reds, 2 carcasses of said will yield a meal for one (and I like a lot of fish-flesh!)

Depending on the yield of effort, I mostly save mine and BBQ the backbones. But 20-30 tends to be a bit much, and there are not all that many people I care to have over.

Somehow giving boney carcasses away doesn't seem to go over all that well....atleast among us whiteys.

As to "Native Waste"- some do, some don't. I can cite examples of each- tho the "do" tend to stick in mind more.

Wste is more prevalent among the young studs(and anti-white's) as is , say, running caribou down with 100mph snowmachines, vs stategic methods, and actual "hunting".. I've killed a chitload of caribou from (or near) my snowmachine, and never run one. It can be done.

I've spent 15 of the last 40 years in various remote villages- Pt. Hope, Barrow, Galena, and 8 in Kotzebue. There is much to admire in the Native culture, and much which goes against my cultural norms. Technology has in places overwhelmed ethics, but they are learning.

Enforcement in remote areas is nominal, at best, so it boils down to cultural values, and personal ethics, which need to be adjusted according to technological advances. There is a lag factor here.

The young tend to think the old folks don't know chit.... or they just don't care. And with enforcement thin on the ground, this can be a problem.

Last edited by las; 11/13/19.

The only true cost of having a dog is its death.