I have the Leica 3000 HD-B and have used them side by side with the Sig BDX. The Leica has better glass and is a better rangefinder, but the BDX is a heck of a bargain at half the price. I've also used the Leica 3000 HD-B side by side with the Terrapin X, which is a better range finder with great glass, but a monocular.

My main complaints about the Leica 3000 HD-B are:
-Aiming reticle too large, not allowing user to know precisely what they're aiming at.
-Data displayed should be much closer to the position of the aiming reticle. You've got to look at two different locations in the FOV, which is needless, awkward, and undermines the peripheral view of either or the target image.
-Absolutely should include a quality tripod mount or offer one as an accessory, it's absurd to leave this feature off such an instrument.
-Leica's menu system was designed by the engineering team that brought us the ATM. It's terrible and the only thing worse are their instructions.
-Should display windage data for lasered ranges based on predetermined values/increments. The unit only displays elevation data.
-The Leica's LRF struggles in bright light when the sun is lower in the sky.

Leica's glass is spectacular. Their ballistic solver is very good and adequate for hunting scenarios. I've used the 3000 HD-B for Roosevelt Elk, whitetails, coyotes, hogs, woodchucks, and Axis at ranges in excess of 800 yards. I've also used it extensively at PRS matches. The latest version of the Leica is a great unit compared to the rest of the field. The only range finding binocular I've used that's a better all the way around is the Vector and it's lots better.

Originally Posted by 16penny
If you put Taco Bell sauce in your ramen noodles it tastes just like poverty