Originally Posted by JGRaider
In pure rangefinding ability, I think the Sig has no peer right now. We've been chasing cull mule deer for the past 3 weeks, and the landowner has the leica 2400. It had the same problems my Geovid had in that in cold temps it was very unreliable, while my Sig 2200 never missed a beat and was better on non reflective targets most every time. Glass wise I'd pick Leica, but that was the only advantage I've seen. I also like the BDX for what it is, and the dope reads right off of Sig's ballistic app, which you input yourself from proven dope. It works perfectly so far.

JG,

My Geovid 2200 has always ranged all types of targets more reliably and further out than my Sig Kilo 2200, and after returning from Leica warranty repair due to the low temperature issue you mentioned, it no longer is hampered in its ranging reliability by the cold. It’s a significantly better RF than the couple of Kilo 2000’s and the one Kilo 2200 that I’ve owned. I have noticed, however, that there is quite a range of performance between different Sig RF units, even of the same model, so I don’t doubt your experiences, either.