I started with '04 Geovid BRF 10x42, sent them in once for "Signal Fade". Used them until '12 when I upgraded optically to Zeiss 10x45. I liked the view through the Zeiss better but preferred the laser/speed of display and much smaller designator box in the Leica. Sold the 10x45 Zeiss and bought a Luotec coated 8x45 Zeiss. Great optically, still had the large ranging circle. Needed to send the Zeiss in for repair and purchased Leica 8x42 2200 HD-B's while the Zeiss were gone. Sold the Zeiss when they returned as the HD-B's were better optically, had a faster readout, and a smaller laser target window which I preferred. I have since sold the Leica and currently am using 8x42 Swaro EL Range. They are IMO an optical tie with the Leica HD-B, and I prefer the Leica's readout speed and small target designator box. However, I strongly prefer the output info given by the Swaro. I can set the LRF to give me an angle compensated range as well as actual range at the same time (dial the short one, hold wind for the long one). This allows me to dial elevation for "ballistic distance" and hold wind for actual distance.

I shoot too many different rifles/chamberings to be fiddling with ballistic calculators/programs continually. The Swarovski spits out the info I need to make required adjustments. I do wish the Swaro was faster to display ranged info and I wish the ranging circle was smaller.

I can't imagine hunting without a binoc/LRF combo unit anymore.

Last edited by horse1; 11/20/19.

I can walk on water.......................but I do stagger a bit on alcohol.