I have owned 3 pairs of geovids, the older models not the split bridge HD-B and the swaro EL range.. what I found was, when I was using a hand held RF unit, I would find the animals in my binoculars, then I would have to fish out my RF, look through a monocular, find the animal again, which BTW isn't that easy looking through a monocular, then take the range. This lost precious seconds that could be used to make a shot. I believe having my RF unit in my binoculars has made the difference on lots of animals I have been able to shoot because I got the range faster and easier. My brother in law would say the same thing. The older leica geovid pre HD and HD were good on deer sized targets to about 800 yards. yeah they can range further but it will take some fiddling to get the range. the swaro EL range has a much more powerful RF unit. they will easily range in most conditions to 11-1300 yards and often times quite a bit further. the leica HD-b's I didn't like these, I was planning on buying them but they just don't fit my eyes. I also feel they have more green tint than even the previous HD models. The glass in the swaro EL's is only slightly better than the leica HD's

bottom line is I will not hunt without RF binoculars.