Most of us here are gun enthusiast, which usually means we’re decent shots, and we know how to use them effectively and safely. You can nearly always tell someone who hasn’t had sufficient training by the placement of their index finger when they’re handling a gun. Dead giveaway when that boogerhook is in the trigger guard. Saw this constantly in the service, still makes me shake my head. crazy Even most of the NCOs let it slide.
I said in a previous post about the reason most cow towns and boom towns passed ordinances against carrying guns in town.
Cowboys and miners often would get a hooker and then get stinking drunk on payday. Drunken idiots and firearms are definitely a mixture to be avoided.
I’m no cowboy, but I could see a quite few incidents where a SAA or such would be a very handy thing to have around on open range. This is the first I e heard of trailbosses forbidding trail hands from carrying, but depending on situations I could understand it.
7mm

"Preserving the Constitution, fighting off the nibblers and chippers, even nibblers and chippers with good intentions, was once regarded by conservatives as the first duty of the citizen. It still is." � Wesley Pruden