There is a young man about a mile from me that powder coats metal stuff for sale on the net. I asked him the other day if he would be willing to do a few cast bullets for me when he is running his equipment anyway and he jumped at it. Seems he wants to do it for handgun bullets for himself. I think that will give me an idea whether I want to go that route. I have used the NRA alox lube and the liquid Lee lube and, at my velocities, they both seem OK. When I push the 30 cal velocities, I may have to try others.

Originally Posted by Ole_270
No apologies needed Hook, it's all info on another form of looneyism.

Boy did you hit the nail on the head, 270! I'm sitting on a stash of jacketed bullets sufficient to last long past my 'end of hunting' days, yet here I go chasing killing deer with 30 cal cast bullets. Big bore bullets for medium game is a no brainer. Smaller calibers require a lot more care with what you load and where you hit the game than big stuff. I can imagine there will be circumstances where I will walk away from a shot where I wouldn't hesitate using jacketed bullets. So be it....I just want to kill stuff with my own cast bullets like I have with the 38s and 45s.