I've used cast stuff from rifles on deer and hogs, the smallest being 22, the largest 50 caliber.

Yondering is correct in the adage that what alloy works well for a Spitzer or round nose 30 caliber changes its tune if the nose is flat or hollow pointed and things change as calibers change too.

The one thing that works in almost universal fashion is a heat treated base (or Lino base) with a soft nose, as long as the base exceeds 60 percent. This gives us a safety valve at both high and low velocity and when our noses are too flat.

At handgun impacts with large calibers and flat/hollow points, we get maximum penetration with the magic weight retention. The hollow points make the largest flares.

At the other end, a wide flat rifle bullet with even a pure lead nose, heat treated shank is going to work well if the bullet is somewhat heavy for caliber. I've shot hogs with the LBT LFN 250 35 caliber with pure lead softnoses and heat treated shanks at 2,500 fps impacts.
A 1-20 alloy nose would perhaps be better, but what you have at this extreme situation is a soft nose to cushion the base until it blows off or is blown through by the base. The base sheds some weight, but not enough to keep it inside the hog or dig out of the dirt.
My best description of the carnage is a hole the diameter of the base of a beer can, from entrance to exit.

Similar bullets flat nosed and some hollow pointed in 44 caliber, 45 and 50 at the more sedate impacts from 1,200 to 2000 fps give the same predictable results on deer. Only one bullet recovered, the 385gr. 50 caliber, that was recovered in a rear hip bone (broken) from a slightly angling head on shot.

If I get around to the 308 or 30/30 for the deer and hogs, I'd be pitching them with jacketed loads and heat treated softnoses. The noses would still probably be pure lead, though 1-20 might be "perfection".

If going the single alloy route, pick your cartridge, nose profile (that might depend on the cartridge) and adjust the alloy in wet and dry phone books to get the results you are looking for.