Yes. I've been hunting with cast for about ten years now, on and off. Up until a couple years ago, it was all I used. I all but retired all of my bolt action and "modern" rifles and got bit by the levergun/sixgun bug, in which naturally you have to shoot cast!!

Here is my first cast kill. It was a doe at about 40 yards or so, out of a tree stand in southern West Virginia. I was using a 1970's vintage Winchester 94 with a Lyman 311041 cast from wheel weights over top some 3031; I don't recall the load offhand. She dropped at the shot. The damage was impressive. I have yet to recover a cast bullet shot at game.

I need to get back into it again. From small game and predator hunting with a 25-20 or my 357, through deer with 30-30's, 45-70's, and 45 Colt, I have never had so much fun as I did when I was casting and loading my own, and shooting open-sighted leverguns and single shots.

[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]
[Linked Image from i.imgur.com]

"Ignorance is acceptable, because you can remedy it with knowledge and research. Stupidity is when you guard your ignorance."
Ted Nugent

"Idolizing a politician is like believing the stripper really likes you."