No apologies needed Hook, it's all info on another form of looneyism.
My alloy is just under wheel weights with a percent of tin added, nothing special, just what I had mixed when the mold arrived. I powder coat because I seat this bullet out long and it has several grooves out of the case mouth. Conventional lube would gather dirt too easily. I've pushed it to 2450 with H4831 and H4350 with no leading, but settled on 2150-2200 with Varget and N202 because the slower ones were in short supply locally at the time.
As to leading with faster loads, I've had better luck with the slower powders. They pick up speed relatively slower, not the same kick in the pants of the faster powders. Of course fit is king, I'd rather have an oversize bullet diameter than undersized. This Higgins barrel measures .310 at the muzzle and tapers to .3105 at the lead. I size bullets to .3125 and have good luck with it. I used to run my 25-20 with Lyman 257420gc bullets conventionally lubed at 2050 fps with no leading. Shot thousands of them before deciding to take it easy on the 100+ year old rifle.