Originally Posted by BadHabit
I whacked a small buck at about 70 yards a few weeks ago with my ported .450 marlin using my powder coated NOE 458-396 bullet in front of enough Benchmark to put it at a little over 1,900 FPS. 50/50 ww/PB ladel cast. Severe, severe damage to the deer. That bullet is probably still flying. It entered just behind the left front shoulder as it was slightly turned towards me and exited at the back of the ribs. I watched the blood shooting out of the entrance hole as it ran about 30 yards. Obviously an easy find! This is now my go-to load in. That rifle. Outside of my .300 Wby I dont think I have ever seen as much damage to a deer

That's a lot of flat nose for using 50/50 alloy at that speed. It probably blew a significant portion of the nose off, hence the massive damage. Even with straight clip on WW alloy, at 1900 fps that style will mushroom like a hollow point and lose some of the nose. That's not a bad thing necessarily, but should be expected to do more meat damage than some guys are looking for.