Originally Posted by Crockettnj
The want ads / classifieds/gunbroker are filled with used guns that have probems.

When SKB first came to populaity they were frowned upon by many for not being a remington/browning (haha)/ etc.

I buy used very frequently, but that used "better" gun you buy has a far better chance of being someones lemon than the gun they kept.

"Hey, I bought this gun and it had problems, but I kept it"

" I bought it, it had problems, so I moved it down the road."

You tell me which is most likely.

All that said, lots of new stuff is to a rpice point. You can take advantage of wage disparity if you like. Its real.

I do both.

That is funny! I have bought probably close to 100 used shotguns. Not a problem with a single one of them. The first used shotgun I ever bought was a Winchester Model 21 Duck Grade back in 1985. I have bought at least 20 used Beretta's ranging from the 390 to a DT10. I have owned a bunch of old used Parker's, Lefever's, Ithaca NID's, AH Fox, and LC Smith's. As well as some British double guns. No problems! I have several used Benelli M1 Super 90's which happen to be my favorite Duck gun ever. All perform flawlessly.

This Lemon was so bad I decided to spend a bunch of money on a new custom stock!

[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.