Originally Posted by battue
Since my Bud MCH is playing....

Was going to let two things go since it was early Christmas morning. However, while still in the spirit, grin I have not bought 100, but a few and have yet to get something I didn't want or was broke. Second there is a good chance I may have spent more time in the Grouse woods than almost all here. Gave up on the thought a short 26inch SxS or O/U was any advantage a long time ago.

Anyway 29.5inch, and any shorter I wouldn't have bought it. Great for Doves and just a little heavy for Pheasants. Looking into having a set of light 16Gauge barrels made. Fixed chokes and 29.5 inch. Along with a field forearm it will be quick....

[Linked Image from live.staticflickr.com]

Addition: MCH, nice!!!! wink

The majority of people that say they like short barrels from my experience:

A) Are not very good shots with a shotgun.

B) do not understand what the length of the barrel does for the shooter!

With that said if you can't swing a 28" or 30" barrel because you claim the grouse or woodcock woods you hunt are too thick, you can't swing the 26" either!

Maine Grouse Hunting, 30" Ithaca Classic Doubles NID 4E. I hunted that gun from Connecticut, Rhode Island, Vermont, New Hampshire, Maine, New York, Georgia, Alabama, Louisiana, Michigan, and Idaho before I sold it. Never had an issue with swinging it.
[Linked Image from i.postimg.cc]

Battue I know you can shoot, and I know you can hit chit with a 26" barrel. As there are some others on here that I know can as well. But we are all better with longer barrels! If we weren't than the trend in Trap, Skeet, Sporting, FITASC, and Pigeons wouldn't be 29" and longer!

Eat Fish, Wear Grundens, Drink Alaskan.