Originally Posted by battue
Originally Posted by jimy
I was taught that the only thing that you are shooting at was the words "White Flyer" in the center of the target . I hated shooting remington targets ! wink

Great advice!!!! Although the pros today recommend the leading edge. 🙂

Morning Bat and Jimy....Jumping in with a couple things. First there is a very nice Citori O/U in 16ga in our classifieds for $1250.

Yes, I saw it last night, but I passed, and you know why....Take a look, tell me what you think. I did get an itch looking it over that maybe?.....I would be better with one now....Hands in my pockets, looking towards the sky, thinking maybe this o/u would be different.

https://www.24hourcampfire.com/ubbt...re-fs-browning-citori-16-ga#Post14407207

Dad, taught us boys forward leading edge shooting, but he called it “Bill Shooting” on ducks and geese or “Shooting heads on pheasants”. That was 40 years ago. I guess nothing has changed in how birds fly...This still works.

I watched a trap competition once in person....The shotgunners seemed to have a timing or internal cadence in their head from the moment they called the bird to pulling the trigger making smoke outta the clays.

None of them seemed to follow a clay, but maybe 1.5 seconds above the trap house. Didn’t appear as difficult as shooting Skeet 😎

Curiosity Killed the Cat & The Prairie Dog
“Molon Labe”