Originally Posted by flagstaff
Originally Posted by Sycamore
Do you find it odd that Solemani was in Iraq?

There is a reason he was there. To stir up trouble using the country of Iraq to do it. A proxy war between Iran and the US.

There is quite a bit of differences between Iraq and Iran. Iranian is Persian. Iraq is Arabic.

Iran is Shia Muslim. Iran is Sunni Muslim. While both Muslim, that is akin to say Christianity in Catholicism is the same as say Protestant.

Iraq and Iran were once mortal enemies and fought a war back in the 1980's. A very bloody war wherein a million or more died. So historically Iraq and Iran really don't get along. So to think he was there just to say hi, on a vacation, or sell Girl Scout cookies is not the case. He was there to start trouble. Our embassy in Iraq was just sacked less than a week ago. Iraq or any host nation that has embassies is supposed to guard all embassies. Well Iraq couldn't as they are a ruined country after years of war.

And we saw what happened to our embassy in Benghazi when the host nation AND the United States administration doesn't do anything and just let's stuff happen.

So he was there to cause trouble using a weakened country to perpetuate a proxy war. In a country that historically hates him and his country.

The US is the most powerful country in the world. By far. But little pip squeak countries seem to stir up issues the with the US. Kinda like say the town big guy putting up with cheap shots by someone with little man syndrome. And historically the US has been tolerant of the little man cheap shots. Even bought the little man food and drinks to trying to placate them. That's what Obama did with Iran.

Well Trump had enough. Saw that paying off the little man didn't work. And the little man kept of trying to pick a fight.

Well Trump just kicked his arse.

Is the proxy war over? Maybe not. Will it start an all out war? Probably not. Will it make things all better and calm things down in the Middle East? Maybe not. But at least the gloves side came off, and the US is now saying "anybody else want any of this?" instead of just taking crap from the little man. The world is watching, and they saw this admininistraion has its gloves off is is willing to use force if needed.

Do you think North Korea and any other hostile country of the US took notice of what happened? You bet your sweet arse. They know this guy is not a push over. Who knows, maybe this recent action will make some other little man somewhere else behave and stay in their seat. Who knows, in a larger sense, maybe the world is now a safer place for doing what Trump did.

I agree with your first sentence.

Iraq is a majority shiite country (put together by the Brits in WW1, and with a Sunni king installed) Iraq was second prize, first prize went to the House of Saud, over in Arabia. 3rd prize went to Jordan.

Sunni king has a Sunni army, so when the Army toppled the King in Iraq, Saddam came out on top, still a Sunni.

I agree Solamani was there to stir up trouble, that's pretty much his Position Description.

I don't doubt the US Embassy was top on his list. I'm glad he's dead. And I'm glad Americans killed him. I wish they'd kill every MFer that had a hand in the Beirut bombing too.

Originally Posted by jorgeI
...Actually Sycamore, you are sort of right....