Originally Posted by Sycamore
Originally Posted by jorgeI

Originally Posted by Sycamore

I repeat, stand by for more attacks on our folks. If you don't think so, you are a fool.

You mean like when we wiped out 1/3 of Iran's Navy during Preying Mantis?... those guys went quiet for over ten years...

1/3 of the Navy, how many ships was that?

1988 was the end of the disastrous (for both sides) Iran-Iraq war. Do you think that might have helped "keep them quiet"?

Also remember they had a crazy Sunni governed Afghanistan right on their 6, and the Russians were pulling out they had a lot to cover locally.

It was HALF. Here you go. And did I mention it was FUN? From the link: This battle was the largest of the five major U.S. surface engagements since the Second World War, which also include the Battle of Chumonchin Chan during the Korean War, the Gulf of Tonkin incident and the Battle of Dong Hoi during the Vietnam War, and the Action in the Gulf of Sidra in 1986. It also marked the U.S. Navy's first exchange of anti-ship missiles with opposing ships and the only occasion since World War II on which the US Navy sank a major surface combatant.

By the end of the operation, U.S. air and surface units had sunk, or severely damaged, half of Iran's operational fleet.

Preying Mantis

A good principle to guide me through life: “This is all I have come to expect, standard lackluster performance. Trust nothing, believe no one and realize it will only get worse…”