Originally Posted by Jevyod
Well I guess I am sadly not a loony. Just married 2 years ago, bought a house, teach school. That is 3 strikes against owning a lot of guns. But I do make sure I carry something different than most hunters, that has to count for something! Savage 340 chambered in 225 Winchester for groundhogs. 260 Rem for deer. 358 Winchester for deer and hopefully hogs this summer.

Nope Nope and Nope.

As a teacher with a love of guns ,other gun nut parents will fasten themselves to you and will get in on very good deals. You may not start out with a huge gun collection but you are on the start of a very stable career that likely will not be replaced by robots anytime soon. I know many others might have more rifles than I at the age of 51 I think that I am on the right track.

You just have to get your wife interested in rifles and a its a two for one deal. I really don't like MSRs but she does. She owns four ARs and an AR10, plus her wedding rifle(243Winchester), a custom 6.5X55, 1 Ruger 1911, 1 Taurus 44 Mag tracker and 1 SW 642 38 Special that carries around in her purse.

Owning a house means a mortgage but it also means that you can have a safe and eventually a gun room where it is less likely for your guns to be stolen.

I believe that Hanco works for a school district and he could also chime in. My guess is that the only negative you have to deal with as a teacher is working with libtards and I think that there is no saving them.

Last edited by kaboku68; 01/09/20.