Originally Posted by mmgravy
What a great thread!!

I cannot hold a candle to what has been shared here, but do like to hunt with early '50's firearms. I often hunt deer with a pair of 722 Remingtons in .300 Savage along with a pre-64 M70 .270 featherweight and a FN custom in .257 Roberts. I have passed my first rifle, a Remington 760 in .300 Savage as well as my Dad's 99, also in .300 Savage, to my son. He also has several FN's from the '50's as does his sister. As far as shotguns, I do my hunting with four 16 gauge 870 Wingmasters. Two are first year production with serial numbered barrels matching the receiver numbers, one full choke and the other a modified. The other two shotguns have IC barrels. My son has my Dad's 870 he bought new in '53 as well as another IC deluxe the same age.

I built a pair of 1-8" twist .220 Swifts on M70 short actions to compliment the Ruger No. 1 in .220 Swift I have. All three are excellent shooting rifles.

Are you complaining or bragging? wink

That's a nice bunch of rifles. cool

Hunt with Class and Classics

Religion: A founder of The Church of Spray and Pray

Acquit v. t. To render a judgment in a murder case in San Francisco... EQUAL, adj. As bad as something else. Ambrose Bierce “The Devil's Dictionary”