I'm about to send Jess at JES a couple 1903 Springfield sporters with original military barrels, one to become a 9.3x62 and the other a 338-06. I had a nice phone conversation with Jess yesterday and he answered all my questions, but I need some opinions from John and whomever else has had JES do a rebore for them:
A three groove barrel is standard - that's what you get for $250, which sounds to me like a smoking deal. For a 4 groove barrel, it's an extra $25. That's cheap enough that I'd pay it if it had any benefit, but Jess basically says it doesn't - no improvement over a 3-groove. It's just an option for those who can't abide the three groove for some reason. Said it wouldn't hurt anything either, and he'd be happy to do it for the extra $25.

What say you? Of those who have had a JES rebore, did you go for the standard 3-groove or more. and why, for either option you chose.
For those who got a 3-groove - have any of you been disappointed? I've heard nothing but glowing reports on JES' work but I am not sure whether it's the 3 or 4-groove barrels folks are bragging on.

Thanks in advance for the opinions and experiences.
Rex