That is really frustrating Tannhauser and I genuinely feel your pain because I experienced the same thing - did everything I thought I could to make sure there were no stampings on the barrel but it happened anyway.
Jess had confirmed to me on the phone that there is no legal requirement for him to stamp them and he is happy to leave off the stamp if so instructed. I am guessing there is a failure to communicate somewhere in the workflow, and maybe an apprentice is doing the stamping. Regardless, I don't think Jess visits this forum so it is probably worth giving him some direct feedback on the issue so he can take whatever steps are needed to make it possible for barrels to not get stamped if customers don't want them stamped. He likely doesn't know there's even a problem.
My 9.3x62 is averaging 0.65 MOA so far, (21 rounds, one trip to the range) so I am not going to be complaining terribly loud at getting this for $250. And I remain hopeful that once I bed the 338-06 the same way I bedded the 9.3 it'll tighten up too. But for Pete's sake it ought to be easy enough to just have the markings left off!.
Cheers,
Rex