Originally Posted by reivertom
Originally Posted by TRexF16
I have an outfit here in Tucson that will engrave the caliber on the barrel, and since neither of the Springfields I am sending Jess have any markings on the barrel, I asked him if he'd just leave off the caliber markings so I can have them nicely engraved. He said no problem. There is apparently no legal requirement to "X" out the previous caliber and stamp the new one. And at $250, I don't expect them to do a lot of fancy stuff on the outside of the barrel.
So if you want to do something on your own to "pretty up" the marking of your new caliber just let Jess know and he will leave it alone.
I still haven't mailed him the rifles because I am trying to find some 286 grain 9.3 partitions to make up a dummy round at 3.70" for throating. Anybody got one they would send me? I can trade about 6 other types of 9.3 bullets for a couple 286 Partitions.

Cheers,
Rex

How do you mail him the bolt guns? Do you take the stock off, or does he want the entire rifle? I've only sent him one gun, and it was the Marlin 336 I posted about. Just wondering for future projects.

He just wants the barreled action. At least that's all he wanted from me. Yet he still test fired it. Probably because I sent him a Win model 70 and he already had a stock lying around.

Last edited by moosemike; 02/07/20.