I'm looking back on nearly 40 years, and I have to say that it is hard to pick the most enjoyable. I've got a bunch of them under my belt that tickle me just thinking about them, each for their own reasons. Maybe I'm just easy to please. Heck, I'll readily admit to having wonderful hunts with my first wife, Satan.

Lessee:

Boar hunting out of Crossville TN in 84

Dove hunting out of Hernando MS. My buddy Kip took me down to his family's place, an antebellum mansion.

Bird hunting near Mt. Olivet, KY-- this is how I learned about the area where I got my farm. Pheasant, quail, and partridge behind great dogs. I became determined to find a place out that way. It took 10 years of looking.

My first big bow buck out of Vevay, IN in 1991. A year later, a bigger buck out of the same tree.

My first deer at the farm, and a week later my first buck-- taken with my 8 yr old son watching-- 2001

My first turkey at the farm, 2002

My first big buck at the farm, 2003.

The biggest buck ever at the farm, 2007

My youngest son's first buck, 2010.

. . . and all sorts of deer hunts, turkey hunts and other hunts in between.

All I can say is that there have been wonderful hunts with sons and really good friends and even alone that I feel truly gifted. Most of the ones from the past 20 years are on my weblog.

Genesis 9:2-4 Ministries Lighthearted Confessions of a Cervid Serial Killer