May 2005 with my brother Brian and good friend/PH Don Heath on a PAC elephant hunt near Magunje, Zimbabwe. It was just a rough camp with Don's yard boy as a camp helper and a Zim game scout who never left camp. We pitched a simple camp and all contributed to camp chores. It was very much like a deer camp back home with buddies rather than your typical safari experience. Brian and I both killed elephant bulls. I took mine with one body shot using my Kreighoff 500/416 and the shot knocked the bull off his feet. I put two more in the chest just to make certain. Brian killed his at a remote water pumping station. The locals reported the bull was charging them and even goats who came to the pump. We walked in and as soon as the bull saw us he charged. Brian was using my Winchester M-70 in 375 H&H and dropped the bull with a head shot. The bull crashed and then started back on his feet and Brian emptied the rest of the magazine into his head to finish him. The next day was an impressive sight as about 150 locals showed up for the butchering and meat distribution. The process was peaceful and orderly while we were present. However, the moment we left all hell broke loose and natives were running in grabbing meat, stabbing, getting stabbed and generally going full on monkey wild.