Originally Posted by Sitka deer
Originally Posted by shootem
Have to put in another plug for Famous Grouse Smoky Black. If your local liquoratorium has a bit it's well worth a try. And if I may mention a disappointment it'll be Dewar's 12 year old. Bought a fifth back around Christmas on an urge. Turned out to be not a bit better than white label.

Not sure I like this more than the plain FG, but since the bird on the standard being honored is the AK state bird I have an emotional attachment. wink Both are dirt cheap in Ireland and Scotland... like under $20 a liter. The Black is slightly more expensive.

IIRC it's 24 to 26 ish for Smoky at our local ABC. Maybe a buck or two over original Grouse. Final preference is always up to the imbiber. To prove the point I've become quite a fan of Evan Williams Bonded white label. Many will disapprove. But look at what all we have here to choose from and argue over, if it comes to that. Only in the US of A. Praise be.

“When Tyranny becomes Law, Rebellion becomes Duty”

Colossians 3:17 (New King James Version)
"And whatever you do in word or deed, do all in the name of the Lord Jesus, giving thanks to God the Father through Him."