Originally Posted by Idaho_Shooter
Originally Posted by Dutch
Originally Posted by Magnum_Bob
It's the [bleep], what do you suppose is the % of homemakers today down there that know how to home can tomatoes, green beans or even how to prep and freeze those 2 vegetable's? If I lived down there I'd be filling a pantry full of the best home canned stuff I could working 18+ hrs a day to do it if necessary. MB

That’s the core of the issue. I raise fish, and more than 75% of all fish are eaten in restaurants. Give a yuppie or most millennials a fish or a bushel of crawfish, and they won’t have the knowledge or skills to turn them into food, they are emotionally incapable of doing so.

Until they get hungry..... but I really don’t see that happening. Too many ramen noodles on the shelf yet.

That is an interesting statistic.

The only fish I have ever seen consumed in a dine in setting was battered and deep fried.

Learn something new every day.

But I would not know what to do with those crawdads either, except to put them on a hook to catch a trout or bass.

Give me them crawdads...........and the fish..............I know what to do with them.

I'll take a few head of them cabbages from FL too.

Geno

The desert is a true treasure for him who seeks refuge from men and the evil of men.
In it is contentment
In it is death and all you seek
(Quoted from "The Bleeding of the Stone" Ibrahim Al-Koni)

member of the cabal of dysfunctional squirrels?